Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

What a great day it has been. I love holidays, which is no surprise to anybody that knows me. I have been so excited for the Easter Bunny to come for the past 2 months. We got up this morning and got ready for church and then we got to see what the Bunny had brought Kirk. He had a nice basket with 2 elmo movies, a couple of books, and an elmo bath tub faucet cover, which sadly did not fit our tub. We took a few pre-church pictures. Notice the Dad and the Kirk with matching ties. Then, we loaded up and went to church. All our lessons were amazing. After church, we went over to my Mammaw's house, which we have done every year that I've been alive. She had her Easter Egg shaped cake and huge Sunday meal. My only Aunt and Unlce and only 2 cousins were there, too.
After the meal, Kirk got to go out for his first egg hunt. It's kind of weird because this is probably the first year that the grandkids didn't hunt eggs (the youngest of us is my cousin, Brett, and he's 16, we all act like 5 year olds though). It was pretty much the Kirk show, which was kind of embarassing. I don't want people to think they have to pay attention to my kid. Anyway, man that kid had at it with the eggs. He acted like he knew what he was doing. He was finding those eggs and putting them in the basket one after another. Then, we did the coolest thing. We took family pictures. We took individual family pictures, then put the timer on and took a big one of the whole family. I know this isn't a big deal, but I believe that is the first whole family picture the Johnsons have ever made. Crazy. Anyway. Great day. I love my family!
(front row: Brett, second row: Me, Nicole Johnson, Marlee Wilson, back row: Robbin Johnson, Ricky Johnson, Kirk, Danny, Max Wilson, Marilyn Wilson, Betty Johnson, Billy Johnson)

2 comments:

Amanda said...

How cute are those matching ties!! I'm super impressed you domesticated diva you. And I love the picture you got of little Kirky egg hunting. I could tell that he was totally in the zone.

Kristi said...

Kirk is so grown up in these pictures! He has really changed lately. He is totally adorable. Sorry to hear about the hernia yikes! I bet that was scary. We're glad to hear he recoverd well.