Monday, February 15, 2010

V-Day!

I am a sucker for Valentines day, big time. In this aspect I really am a girl. I want chocolates and roses, and I'd probably be kinda upset if I didn't get them. In the past, I got a single rose and one of those $2 boxes of chocolates, which is just fine with me. I don't need to get the fancy stuff. But, this year, Danny really delivered: a dozen roses, Ferrero Rocher chocolates (my favorite!), and chocolate covered strawberries. Yum! It is great to be loved! We have a Valentines tradition to have strawberry waffles in the morning. Since Vday was on a Sunday, I was afraid that I'd have to cancel. Somehow, we all got up and managed to eat a great breakfast together without even being late for church, a Valentines Day miracle! We had Belgium waffles with strawberries and whipped cream, OJ, bacon AND sausage (danny's request). It was a great day full of love and lots of fattening food, that seems to be the trend with Holidays around here. I love my husband and I'm super thankful for him (and for my valentines goodies).

0 comments: