Sunday, August 10, 2008

Fun in TN

Last weekend, we had the opportunity to go up and visit the Pendleys in Oak Ridge. We all had a wonderful time. Kirk was able to meet his Aunt and Uncle and his 4 cousins. While we were there, we drove on up to Gatlinburg and visited the wonderful aquarium. This was A LOT more fun that I had anticipated. Kirk, being only 2months old, wasn't really caring much one way or the other. However, the other kids were completely fascinated. It was very entertaining to watch them look at all the cool fish. They had this neat little underground tunnel thingy. You were on a conveyer belt and it took you through the tunnel with fish on both sides and above you. They even had a huge tank of sting ray. We really liked it.



While we were there, the epidemic started.....the stomach virus. :-( Yuck! All went well for us, until after we got home. Nausea set in for me early Wed morning. We hurried Kirk down to his Mammaw's house so that he wouldn't get sick. About 2 hours later, Mammaw called. "Marca, do you have any clean clothes for Kirk? He's sick and ruined all his clothes." Sigh. So my mom kept Kirk until Danny left for work, then she kept me too. After Dan had been at work for about, hmmm, I'd say 3 hours, he called and said that he was coming home. So, he came and got me and my mom kept Kirk, while we wallowed in our sickness the rest of the night. However, it was only a 24 hour deal, so we were all better. Seeing Kirk so sick, it made us both realize how precious and fragile he really is. We gave him extra big hugs and kisses after he completely healed. The bad news is, my mom and dad got sick the next day. Then, that night, my sister threw up all over her boyfriend's truck. I think we have infected the whole Prentiss county region now. haha. Everyone is all healed up now and happy as ever. We can't wait to visit again.

1 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh my gosh!! I am so sorry. What a horrible sis in law you have. I feel so bad that little Kirk got it. Give him a big kiss from Aunt Amanda...if you can ever forgive me of course.