Sunday, July 4, 2010

The 4th baby!




Outside of Christmas and Halloween, the 4th of July is my favorite holiday. I don't know why. Maybe its the warm weather and the ability to be festive outside. This year, we celebrated on the 4th on the 3rd. We had really big plans to go to the parade in the morning, but SOME of us couldn't get up and get ready (wonder who that could have been, Danny.....) It was no big deal. We loaded up and went to the annual fish fry at my grandmothers. I love hanging out with my cousins and family. They are great. Danny had to work that night, which is stinky. I think fireworks are kinda romantical hehe. So, we came home and got the boys down for a nap. When Kirk got up, we prepared for the night time activities. My parents and sister came up and we made sausage balls and home made ice cream. We also played Loaded Questions (funnest game ever). We let Kirk stay up to see the fireworks, which we weren't able to shoot until about 9:15....he goes to bed at 8. So, for the past 2 years I've gotten those neon, glow in the dark necklaces for fireworks. He would have rather stayed inside and played with those instead of the fireworks any day. We shot about half of them and Kirk was completely freaked out so we stopped. It was a lot of good food and a fantastic 4th of July!

0 comments: