Sunday, May 30, 2010

Birthday Party!!!


Kirk's second birthday party....what a fun day for him. We decided to have it at kids town and invite family and a few friends. We sent out 20 invitations to about 40 people, 25 or 30 of them being family. A total of 2 people showed up, my mom and my sister. Everybody had tons of stuff going on, so I understand. But, I'd be lying if I said that my feelings weren't hurt for the little guy, especially since the majority of the invites went to family. Honestly, I had to try really hard not to break down in tears, but I'm just emotional like that. However, I think Kirk wouldn't have really cared if 2 people showed up or if 200 people showed up. He drug Danny all over that place, had cake, and got his Woody and Buzz Lightyear, plus a Spud Lightyear (mr. potato head) and a talking Pig flashlight thingy. We love Toy Story A LOT around here. So, no matter how frustrated or upset I was, Kirk had a great 2nd Birthday party and really enjoyed his day!

0 comments: