Friday, December 4, 2009

what a day!

Well, this morning I woke up with, what I thought was, a bad tummy ache. I kept thinking it would get better, but instead it kept getting worse. So, I called my mom nurses for their assesments. They both suggested that I go in and get looked at, just to be sure. But, wouldn't you know it,my doctors office is closed on fridays. Urg. So, I load up to the er in tupelo (45 min away). I get there and thet tell me they can't see me because I'm more than 20 weeks. So, they send me over to the womens hospital. By this point I'm really embarassed because I'm convinced its something like gas and they are going to send me away laughing. So I get all hooked up on monitors and tests start being run. Turns out, I was having contractions every 3 minutes off and on. Great. Also, I had a nice little kidney infection. But, good news is that I was not in labor and it doesn't look like I'm going to be anytime soon. Nontheless, I'm at home, "staying off my feet" for the next little bit. What fun. But, the whole thing made me realize how delicate the whole pregnancy thing is. I am so lucky to have already had one healthy baby boy and am thankful that this other little guy is doing well too. Actually at the moment I think he is using my tummy as a punching bag, what a great feeling. I am also really grateful for all my family and friends that checked in on me. Its nice to feel cared about. So, here's to the start of taking it easy and growing this kid the rest of the way!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm so glad you're okay!! You totally need some fuzzy slippers to kick around in!!

Mariann said...

Oh...I remember the "stay down" days. I hope that you have lots of activities for Kirk and a bunch of chicky flicks to watch...Those days can be long and hard, but it is such a blessing Danny is closer now, and that he is there more. I hope you can cook that little turkey a little longer though...they need all the time they can get. LOVE YOU hon...good luck with the cookin!

Marlee said...

I like how you forgot to mention that your nerved out little sister had to drive you all the way to Tupelo going 90.