Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Day numero 6

Today, I am thankful for.........

Lexapro!!

Whoop whoop!!

I have always been a very tender person. It didn't take a lot to worry me or bring me down. In high school, I started having panic attacks. After we got married they became much worse. Irony, huh? ha I went into the doctor and he gave me a wonderful pill called Lexapro. You can't take it while you are pregnant, so, when we found out about little Kirkly, I got off of it and tried to do all I could to better myself on my own. It can be done. And it worked well, for a while. Then, all this stuff with Joey started going on. You never know true worry until you have kids, especially when something is not going as planned. I was anxious all the time, I was depressed, and I couldn't sleep. One day after taking Joey to the doctor I went down to my mother's house and just had a complete breakdown. I was not on a good path mentally and something had to be done. So, Lexapro to the rescue! I hate it when people look down on mental health problems or mental health care. That is silly. I am totally open about it. Not that I go around telling everyone my problems, but it's not that I'm trying to hide it either. If you need them, anti-depressants are fan-flippin-tastic. They have gotten my through when my own mental capacity failed me. The reason I am specifically thankful for them today is that I ran out yesterday and didn't have one to take last night. While they are great, you do NOT want to miss taking a dose. Bad things can happen. So, I got some more today and I am a very happy gal! Horray for crazy pills!!!

1 comments:

Marlee said...

Everyone needs love and antidepressants... That should have been my senior quote.